Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mr. Brightside

What if you woke up one day and your world entirely changed?

I woke up today and my parents were fighting as usual. Sunday mornings are usually fight mornings anyways for some reason, so I didn't pay any extra attention to it. As I came down stairs for to head to work, my brother told me they were going to get a divorce in about a month, after the Lunar New Year.

It didn't hit me at first because maybe I prepared for it a little bit. My mom and dad have been having disagreements for years and my mom talked about it on occasion. Then at work, something happened and it just hit me like a ton of bricks. Having a horrible day at work also didn't help.

I know I'm not the first one kid to have his parents divorce but I can't help but feel that nothing's going right at all. I also can't shake the feeling that nothing I do will make everything right again.

And my favorite pair of socks has a hole in it. =(

*Edit: Please forgive me if I seem bitter or angry all the time for the next few days.*

1 comment:

SuJ said...

hey man, sorry to hear. lemme kno if you need anything, bro.