Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More Talks With Dad

As I get older, it seems as though these random talks with my dad become more and more intense about my future. Today he recommended me becoming a broker of some sort. I do find it kinda funny how my Vietnamese mom pushed me toward the medical fields whereas my Chinese father pushes me more toward business however I digress.

He brought up the point of working for someone versus having others work for you. His point was simple, when you work for someone, you make that person money, whereas when you work for yourself or have others work for you, you will be making the money. However, I can't seem to think that in essence you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. If you're working for someone, you're working for the man. If you're the one being worked for, you're exploiting others.

More on this later.

No comments: